Club sea swimming 2022 - this year our sea swimming season will start with the traditional short and social dip on, the beach hut will be open from 1pm at nos.14 St. Georges Road Eastney opposite the Coffee Cup.
The regular one hour training sessions will commence from Saturday 7th May at 9am and from Tuesday 10th May at 6pm.
Please complete your 2022 In Case of Emergency (ICE) form copies available at the hut, link in the next newsletter and here on the website. We will be providing a New Members Briefing at the hut on Saturday 23rd April at 10am. We will have club swimming caps (£5) and hopefully other leisure kit available for sale.
Please make sure you volunteer to assist with the provision of the seas swimming sessions the monthly rota will be available at the beach hut. We look forward to welcoming you all back to sea swimming next month, hopefully the sea temperature will warm up a little by then.
Portsmouth Triathletes 2022 sea swimming arrangements
- The sea swimming sessions are restricted to club members only. Other interested persons must contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance for further details;
- Volunteers will be required to cover beach hut security, kayak patrol, beach patrol and beach watch. It is expected that all participating members cover at least one session during the season. If there are insufficient volunteers available sessions will be cancelled;
- A Lead Officer will be in attendance to manage the safety of participants at each session and provide the safety briefing;
- The Lead Officers for this season are;
o Andy Elder
o Alex Higgins
o Steve Stubbs
o James Douglas
o Kevin McTaggart
o Stella Vickers
- All participants must attend the safety briefing at the start of each session;
- You are encouraged to wear a yellow club swimming cap (£5) so you can be identified in the water as member of Portsmouth Triathletes;
- You must sign the attendance register and sign out when you leave the water, this is an important safety requirement;
- Any member who fails to adhere to these arrangements will be asked to leave the session and will not be able to participate in our sea swimming sessions during the year;
- As always you swim at your own risk;
We look forward to welcoming you back to our club sea swimming. If you have any enquiries, please contact email@example.com